Video marketing is huge.
Let me say that again.
Video marketing is HUGE!
The statistics on this are pretty clear. Some of the statistics are shocking, but they demonstrate the online appeal of videos and make a clear case that all businesses should be using video marketing as a part of their online marketing mix.
- YouTube is the world's #2 search engine
- 1/3 of all online activity is watching videos
- 100 million internet users watch an online video every day
- 50% of users watch business related videos on YouTube at least once a week
What does this mean for you? Lots. Here's how videos affect visitor behaviour to your website:
- Watching a video can increase a visitor's understanding of your product or service by 74%
- A visitor to a retail website is 64% more likely to purchase a product after watching a video
- A real estate listing with a video gets 403% more inquiries compared to listings without
- Videos in email increase click-through rates 2~3 times compared to regular messages
- 20% of your site visitors will read all the content you provide: 80% will watch a video
- Websites are 50x more likely to show up on the first page of search engine results page if it includes a video
The barriers to entry for video marketing are much easier to hurdle than they used to be. Depending on a video's production value, it can be very inexpensive to create a video for marketing purposes. Best of all, they can be put on YouTube, your own website, Facebook and most other social media marketing platforms to get you more exposure.
Do your customers and your business a favour: incorporate video marketing into your online marketing mix.