In her article "6 Questions to Ask Before You Spend a Dime on Graphic Design", author Pamela Wilson highlights the main questions one should ask a graphic designer before starting a campaign.
She could have just as easily substituted "Building a Website" for "Graphic Design". The questions are the same.
Here are the questions:
- Do you know who you're trying to reach?
- Do you know where to find your market?
- Do you have a decent tagline?
- Do you have a compelling offer?
- Have you positioned the offer in terms of benefits along with features?
- Do you have a system in place that will lead toward sales?
Here's the link to the original article.
I consider this a must-read for anyone doing business online.